EYFS New Intake - 2021
|First Letter To Parents April 2021.pdf||Download|
|Fruit & Veg Scheme 2019.pdf||Download|
|Nut free 2019.pptx||Download|
|Owls Trust Foundation Stage Policy (1).doc||Download|
|Pupil Admissions Form (1).docx||Download|
School uniform information
FREE SCHOOL MEALS ENTITLEMENT
Registering for free school meals could raise an extra £1320 per student for the school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition and additional staff. This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed below.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
I don’t currently claim free school meals – how can I claim?
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, please submit a claim to Leicestershire County Council (LCC). Application forms are available on request from the school office (also see link and form above) and on the LCC website:
The information you provide will be used to check if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit and, if you are on Universal Credit, that your earnings do not exceed the threshold. If you claim Universal Credit, your earnings will be assessed from up to three of your last Universal Credit assessment periods. If you are eligible, LCC will notify us at school. Your child will receive free schools meals and the school will receive extra funding. If your child does not wish to have free school meals, but you are eligible, please do apply to secure the funding
I am currently claiming free school meals – what does this mean for me?
Most people won’t be affected by the new criteria. If you’re currently claiming free school meals, but don’t meet the new criteria, your child will continue to receive free school meals until the end of the Universal Credit rollout period. This will apply even if your earnings rise above the new threshold or if you stop being entitled to Universal Credit. The rollout period is currently scheduled to end in March 2022. Once Universal Credit is fully rolled out, your child will keep their free school meal until the end of their current phase of education.
If you need any further information, please contact Leicestershire County Council. You can also visit the government’s free school meal website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals